Saturday, June 15, 2013

Everyday Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Whipped Cream and Farm Fresh Strawberries

This weekend was my little sisters 16th Birthday. I found this amazing everyday chocolate cake recipe, courtesy of Smitten Kitchen (currently my go to site for every type of recipe inspiration). I transformed this simple cake, recipe found here, http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2010/08/everyday-chocolate-cake/ into a farm fresh summer birthday cake with the addition of a vanilla bean whipped cream and juicy strawberries from the local market.

After assembling the cake, which i decided to do an hour before we ate it (so the cake would not get soggy) I stuck it is the freezer to ensure the whipped cream and strawberries stay put and it ended up being a refreshing cake for a warm summer night!

No comments:

Post a Comment