Friday, June 28, 2013

What I'll be wearing this weekend....Happy Friday

Bright V-Neck T's & Do It Yourself Circle Scarves
This week at the Gap I scored when finding a sale on basic v-neck t-shirts in bright summer colors, $10.00 each! I paired these basic comfy T's with Do It Yourself circle scarves. Since I am totally against wearing anything remotely uncomfortable ever this is perfect for me to throw on for work....pretend it is business casual... Also a great outfit for a morning coffee date or farmers market run usually paired with jeans, yoga pants or a neutral summer skirt.
 I made these circle scarves last fall with my sister and friend. Another easy, simple, and cheap do it yourself project. I used 1/4 - 1/2 a yard (depending on how full I wanted the scarf to be) of cotton stretch spandex. The blue scarf is 1/2 yard and black/white stripe is 1/4 yard. The fabric was between $6.00-$10.00 per yard. I sewed the fabric long way first into a tube with a sewing machine and then hand sewed the tub together creating a circle tube. So easy! I already have 4 of my own and made a couple more as gifts for friends. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment