Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Reclaimed Wooden Frame

 My father was given 3 daughters. Although he loves us all, I often feel it to be my duty to pretend to be his 'son for the day'. This past weekend we sorted though old wood in the backyard and ended up finding some wood perfect for some frames. My father taught me how to use an electric saw, sander and drill. The sander was definitely my favorite. By the end of the afternoon, we had put together a Shabby Chic/Beachy style earring and necklace hanger in my bedroom. I used some left over wire mest and spray painted it gold. It was easily stapled to the back of the frame. I couldn't believe how beautiful the weathered wood looked after being sanded. Material cost was $0.00! It ended up being a fun day, with not only a more organized display of jewelry but it felt rewarding to turn old wood into something beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment